Posted on February 11, 2020 by Platinum Travel
Geared up as a flop-and-drop resort for weary, post-safari travellers (hint: don’t feel too sorry for them), The Z Hotel Zanzibar is a relaxed, beachfront boutique hotel on the northern tip of the island.
– Views of the water (particularly from the rooftop bar) are obviously unbeatable
– Hotel staff are warm, genuine and friendly without exception
– Wide, affordable range of fishing and water activities available off the beach
– Hotel food and drink menus reasonably priced (USD, of course)
– Half board option poor value and very restrictive
– Food at the hotel restaurants really not up to scratch
– Expensive and time-consuming to get to and from the resort; limiting opportunities to experience the remainder of the island
WHO’S IT RIGHT FOR:
This is definitely a safe bet for those needing a (short – see below!) chance to unwind post safari. It’s more suited to couples than to young families; and to bookworms over party animals.
Our big tip? Don’t book a stay longer than three nights. Zanzibar has a huge amount to offer in the way of food, history and culture, so balance your beach break with a stay in one of Stone Town’s stunning heritage hotels on your way to or from the island.
If you’re wanting to treat yourself in Bali, look no further than the Double-Six Luxury Hotel, Seminyak. This 5-star, ultra-modern, luxury property is all-suites, located in a prime position on Double-Six Beach. Uninterrupted ocean views, anyone?
– Beachfront hotel in Seminyak with incredible ocean views
– Rooms (which are all suites) are HUGE!
– Buffet breakfast is a-la-carte (order whatever you want from the menu!)
– Huge rooftop bar for sunset views and late night drinks
– The most incredible, kind staff! The hotel includes 24 hour butler service
– Only one pool area and two restaurants
– Feels more like a hotel than a resort, despite its beachfront location.
Disclaimer: Although the Double-Six doesn’t call itself a resort, we still had an expectation it would have more of a fun, resort vibe with multiple pools, restaurants and activities on-site!
WHO’S IT RIGHT FOR:
Anyone looking for a trendy, beachfront hotel in Seminyak with a real luxury feel. We’d recommend this hotel for Honeymooners, couples or small groups. If a resort vibe is what you’re after, we’d suggest you look elsewhere.
A great experience, our jaws hit the floor when we walked into our suite. You’ll definitely get a taste of the good life here (and if you’re like us, plenty of cocktails by the pool). Trendy, modern, luxury!