Have you ever wanted a robotic companion that carries your luggage for you?
Ladies and Gentlemen, the future of suitcases is here.
Posted On June 1, 2017 Posted By Andy Buerckner
Image via: Travelmate Robotics
Developed in San Francisco by a specialist robotics team, Travelmate is an all-purpose and autonomous robotic suitcase straight out of a science fiction film.
How does it work?
Using a GPS chip and a 'Follow Me' System through the Travelmate app, Travelmate is able to pinpoint your location and follow you around autonomously. The Travel Mate has in built sensors that help it navigate its way around different terrain, crowds and avoid an assortment of obstacles and will match your travel speed, moving at up to 6.75 mph (10+ kmph).
What are its features?
* Durable and damage resistant design
* Omni wheels and can move both vertically and horizontally.
* A handle that turns into a portable desk that you can use to balance books, documents, laptops and other devices.
* Separate compartment that lets you store items that you need to access readily such as documents, passports, electronic devices.
* Easily removable battery that charges with wireless technology.
* The battery can be used to charge almost all electronics through a USB port and a standard electrical outlet.
* Fingerprint technology to open your suitcase as well as a manual backup option to comply with TSA guidelines.
* Built in scale that can be switched between kilos and pounds via the app
Take a look at the video below to see the Travelmate in action: